In this article we are going to know how Python Web development competes PHP. Plenty of programming languages are available on the Internet. Python is one of the most popular object-oriented dynamic programming language, which was developed by Guido van Rossum in the 1980s. It is easy to learn and use this high level programming language. Python is also a cool and dynamic language which is used in many businesses, governments, non-profit organizations, Google search engine, YouTube, NASA, the New York Stock Exchange, Yahoo!, Facebook, and IBM.
Python can run on all major systems such as Windows, GNU/Linux, Apple Mac OS X, DOS, Amiga, etc. Compared to other programming languages such as C++ and Perl, Python is quite easy to learn. It is the most preferred choice for solo projects as it is highly flexible and dynamic. This scripting language promotes faster application development.
Why to use Python development?
- Easily interfaced with C, ObjC, Java, and FORTRAN
- Python includes modules, classes, exceptions, very high level dynamic data types and dynamic typing
- Python is better when compared to Lisp, Tcl, Perl, Ruby, C#, Visual Basic, Visual Fox Pro, Scheme or Java
- It is an excellent language for learning object orientation
- Portability allows for the same application to run across platforms
- Python is supported for the Internet Communications Engine (ICE) and many other integration technologies
- It is packed with rich libraries and many add-on packages to tackle specific tasks
- It is a high level language which means faster development
Python web development competes PHP
PHP is one of the main competitors to Python’s dominance, but mostly in the web development arena. PHP is easily integrated with web development and can be used right out of the box called ASP. How does Python compete? Well, Python has many web frameworks whose features outperform PHP, so that it would be better to take on huge custom projects with Python and a framework such as Django or Plone instead of PHP. When compared to PHP, Python provides a more flexible base for web development. Python has an extensive arsenal of libraries that are extremely important for any mature language.
- Python is extremely well documented
- The design of the Python language is better than the PHP
- Python encourages good coding skills, its exception and error handling system is much superior to PHP
- Debugging is easy in Python when compared to PHP
- A wide range of third-party modules is available for Python.
- PHP is embedded in the web server, whereas Python web applications can either be embedded in the web server like PHP or run in a separate process
- Python has very clear, concise, and orthogonal syntax, whereas PHP doesn’t
- Python is atleast 2 times faster than PHP in performing the mathematical algorithm operations
Apart from the above points, Python has very clear, concise, and orthogonal syntax, whereas PHP has a syntax that is similar to C, lots of curly braces and dollar signs and “->”-s. Python has modules, whereas PHP doesn’t. Hence, Python is a great language which is used in many applications efficiently.