OpenCart is a feature rich and a powerful open source shopping cart system which is used in many sites on the Internet. It supports unlimited categories, unlimited products, unlimited manufacturers, multi-currencies, multi languages, product reviews and ratings, shipping methods, guest checkout, PCI Compliance, etc. Hence, there are many business owners wish to build their eCommerce stores based on OpenCart platform. There are many payment modules are developed in the OpenCart community. Each OpenCart Payment Module is developed with rich features to make the payment process on the eCommerce store website more secure and fast.
OpenCart is easily integrated with many payment gateways such as PayPal, Authorize.net, Nochex, eWay, CCAvenue, Google Checkout, WorldPay, 2Checkout, PayStation, GSPay, PayPoint.net, and many more. These payment gateways are acting as a link between the customer and the merchant during the payment transaction process on the eCommerce website. PayPal is a leading international payment gateway which able to process millions of payment transaction every day in a safe and secure manner. It provides the payment services based on the merchant requirements. Hence, PayPal is a favorite payment gateway for most of the online website owners.
Payment process in OpenCart website through PayPal Payment Advanced
PayPal Payments Advanced is one of the payment products of PayPal that enable the merchant to collect payments directly via all major debit and credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club. And also offer PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal’s Bill Me Later, as additional payment services. It processes the payment transaction in an effective and efficient manner. After a payment is processed, the money usually shows up in a merchant’s PayPal business account within minutes.
The PayPal Payment Advanced integrates with the OpenCart eCommerce software to accept credit card payments quickly and affordably with Payflow Payment Gateway through PayPal Partner. During the payment process, the module allows merchants to accept the payments from the customers by using their credit cards. PayPal collects the credit card details from the customers in a secure way. The module processes the payment transactions through PayPal Advanced payment gateway integration.
The module supports Authorize & Capture, Authorize only and Capture later, cancel/void, and refund feature.
- Authorize and Capture – The amount is authorized and captured immediately.
- Authorize only and Capture later – The transaction is only authorized to be captured later.
- Cancel/Void – Provide facilities for cancel/void any unsettled transactions.
- Refund – Supports refund amount from configuration page.
Features and Benefits:
- Accept all major credit cards in the website.
- PayPal only charges $5/month for the payment service.
- The module works with both the PayPal Payment Advanced Account / Payflow link Account.
- The customer can stay on the merchant website for the entire payment transaction process.
- Secure payment transaction services will attract many customers.
- Increase customer retention and loyalty.
The OpenCart PayPal Payment module provides the seamless checkout experience to customers without redirection them to another website or payment gateway site. This will improve the customer satisfaction and also increases the sales of the online business.