Marketing – the center throb of a business strategy, no matter its size, is definitely an ultimatum toward its success. Apparently, marketing these days takes the advantage of SEM to succeed in potential customers, influence decision makers, and more. Businesses employing full potential of Search Engine Marketing are certainly not left behind within the current globalized market situation. The responsibility of Digital marketing/Search Engine Marketing managers aren’t simply confined to managing the budget alone, but also in improvizing the business performance. Some of the vital factors of Search Engine Marketing are mentioned here:
- Increasing the relevancy of ad copies can effectively reduce the bounce rate.
- Incorporate appropriate changes in the landing page or insert keywords/ad copies relevant to the available content.
Landing-Page content and Design:
- Content on the landing page is the prime driving factor for improving the performance of Paid Search. Page design is the main target that impacts user behavior. Once acquired, design should be able to retain the visitor in the page.
- Quality score is an indicator to evaluate the keywords or an ad group. A score of five is deemed acceptable and any keyword or an ad group having a score of less than five requires special attention.
Google states: “The higher the quality score, the lower the CPC”
- A variety of factors contribute to the ‘Quality score’. Google and MSN maintain a certain standard as their control, and also advice their customers to watch out for certain aspects such as Click Through Rate (CTR) and Ad copy relevancy. By increasing the QS, we can thus reduce the CPC.
- The first step toward the goal of Search Engine Marketing would be to identify important keywords for the business, and the opportunity/global or local search volume of the keywords that can be identified using tools such as Google ad words or www.semrush.com.
- If an opportunity remains underutilized for any important keyword, a separate campaign could be initiated for particular keywords, with an increased budget, to increase the impressions. In this process, the performance of such keywords should also be considered. Increasing budget or spending time for nonperforming keywords should be avoided.
- Limit the number of keywords; 5–10% of keywords would suffice the priority campaign.
Click Through Rate:
- Increase the CTR by different means.
- Deliver the matching Ad copy
- Use modifiers such as discounts, best in the industry, etc. in the creative content if legally permissible. Compare the ad copies with top-performing competitors and formulate innovative content to fight the competition.
- Deliver the ad copies in the first position. The third position of the ad copy tends to get clicks but not retain visitors for long in the landing page.
The page content, entry keywords and creative are the main source to sales, downloads and lead generation. Increase in optimization might result in improvement. Testing should also be performed to a greater extent in order to assess the improvement.
- Periodical review for adjustments or diversions across different campaigns is necessary to ensure 100% utilization.
- A lower amount remaining in the last quarter is ideal for 100% spending in the annual budget.
- Make sure that any priority campaign in the run is not deficit of funds at any time.
Organic Search Result:
- The periodical search report helps to mainly in increasing the traffic.
- These results can increase spending for top performing keywords and it would be wise to think about moving such keywords to the priority list if they exist in the general campaign.
- Any, nonperforming keyword in the organic search implies that paid search can never work better for the related product or service. In such a case, spread out funds on a priority basis.
- Analytics data of Organic search may introduce Geo Targeted keywords and create specific-region related portfolios on a short-term basis. The paid-search performance and organic analytical data are some of the initiatives.
- Industry trend may increase or decrease the search for specific keywords
- Analyze industry research and forecast searches from time to time and be proactive.
Dynamic Ad Copy:
- An advanced concept for starters is ti create a dynamic ad. But businesses that insist on performance should utilize this advanced feature to deliver more personalized ad copies for the internet searchers. Optimized usage of dynamic ad copy will increase the CTR.
- Competition for any specific keyword, average CPC, and monthly search volume are some of the competitors’ data available through tools such as www.semrush.com. To decide the strategy of our business performance, the usage of these tools gives a clear cut view.
12. Content Sharing:
Engage vendors based on the CPL. Rather than engaging vendors with CPC and CPM, a good deal of research is enough.
— Krish Govindaraj
Egrove Systems Corp
Egrove Systems Corp aids various businesses across the globe to enhance their digital marketing performance, and hence make effective utilization of their resources.