Consumption of organic food has become the trend in recent days. The urge to grab onto almost everything labeled “organic” has been prevalent amongst consumers mostly due to the emergence of diseases resulting out of inorganic stuff. So what is this commotion about organic and inorganic food? Doesn’t every vegetable coming out of plantations supposed to be organic by itself? What happens due to the intake of inorganic stuff?
High time we discuss in detail.
Let us begin with understanding the total idea of organic and inorganic food. Food is primarily categorized based on its source of cultivation. When pesticides, genetically modified organisms, antibiotics and growth hormones go into the growth and development of any kind of food, it falls under the inorganic type of foodstuff which means it has not been grown naturally or “organically”. On the other hand, organic food is contradictorily the growing of plants or animals, the organic way without inducing pesticides, hormones or artificial supplements.
Why is organic preferred to inorganic?
Continuous intake of inorganic food would definitely have an adverse affect on the health of the consumer. With artificial inducers, hormones and GMOs, the human body would react in due course of time. That is consumption of inorganic food would result in diseases which could be even life threatening.
Survey has proved that Cadmium which is a toxic metal is found four times higher in inorganically cultivated crops. In organic crops the level is maintained within 48% which is acceptable.
What are the risks of having inorganic food?
- The foremost and worst thing which could happen is developing Cancer. The unhealthy substances inorganic crops are grown on tend to accumulate within the human body thereby reacting and surfacing out. The risk of developing few types of Cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, brain tumors, breast cancer and prostate cancer to name a few considerably becomes high.
- Children when exposed to such type of unnaturally grown food could develop several serious medical problems disturbing the normal development of brain, immune system including behavioral problems, abnormalities related to mobility and so on.
- Pregnant women and the growing fetus could also be adversely affected due to constant intake of inorganic food during the course of pregnancy.
Studies prove that the risk of allergies and eczema in organic food eating children is negligible when compared to others.
Organic food benefits:
- They are grown less supported by pesticides and artificial inducers. This way consuming them does not have a negative impact on our body.
- You could rely on organic source of crops to be fresh as they cannot be preserved for a longer duration due to the lower levels of pesticides and fungicides used in the cultivation.
- To top it all, the chemicals used for agriculture finally blends with the soil. Presence of toxins further decreases the quality of the soil, pollutes the environment and biological ecosystem continuously as a vicious cycle.
- Animals when grown naturally without the help of artificial hormones grow better and healthier. This has a positive impact on the environment.
- Modifying DNAs of livestock could completely collapse the natural growth of a whole breed. This risk could be eliminated with organic upbringing.
Stay conscious about your eating habits and keep healthy for the better!