eCommerce has emerged as the foremost applications of internet. with attention to this for previous couple of years an entire new world started in eCommerce website development and business. There are several eCommerce CMS are available in the market both freeware as well as commercial such as osCommerce, Zen Cart, Virtuemart, Magento, X-cart, PrestaShop, Ubercart, Product Cart etc. Similarly, there is a list of eCommerce plugins for some generic CMS like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc.
A good online store has the subsequent features:
- Full product catalogs
- Shopping cart and checkout system
- SSL secure layers for ordering process
- Multiple payment choices
- Multiple shipping Options
- Order management and fulfillment
- Inventory management
- Customer Service
- Marketing Promotions and Tools like Discount Coupons, Promotions, Specials, Sales, etc
- Also, Multi Currency and Multilingual Support.
Some of the major shopping carts used by developers are
Magento is one among the latest shopping carts on the market. The coding depends on the Zend framework and the most recent PHP 5 object oriented coding standards. It also has Multi-Store Capacity. But it heavily layered and overly complicated coding style and thousands of files requires a great deal of time to learn and do customizations.
Oscommerce is the basis for both Zen Cart and CRE Loaded. It is less complex and runs well with good pack of basics shopping cart. Additionally, it has the most accessible number of contributions and alterations.
Zen Cart has an pleasant wide array of features based on Oscommerce but has gone its own path. Some of the excellent features include product attributes managers, template system, html editor for regular web page contents, built in coupon code system, ability to select what credit cards you accept, and more. However, it supports with no licensing fee.
A commercial shopping cart, X-Cart is the most competitively priced and also easy to modify. This uses Smarty Templates system.
A best solution for the website that expects CMS (Content Management System) combined with the shopping cart is Joomla and virtuemart. It is easy to install and combine well with the Joomla.
This is a latest professional shopping cart in the industry. The code was developed in Web 2.0 innovations such as dynamic AJAX-powered features and next-generation ergonomy. It is easy to install and customizable.
eCommerce software is generating much more of the total consumption in today’s world and not able to handle all of the data that is presented, and all of the incoming traffic of information.
Ecommerce Website Development:
We, egrove systems, meet your needs successfully. We have the team of experts who are well versed with the latest trends in software development. Depending on your needs, we offer following services to the clients:
- Making a software application planning strategy.
- Offering content management system for ecommerce website development.
- Experts in unique and effective design.
- Formulate online marketing strategy.
- Improving the website’s visibility on SERP through digital marketing services.
- Finally, done with testing, tracking & analysis services for the completed web applications. It ensures the standard of the completed ecommerce website in top of this competitive ecommerce world.